Before arriving to the hotel for your check-in, please ensure that your cat is:
- Vaccinated within the past 12 calendar months (with proper documentation) OR;
- In possession of a titer test for proof of vaccine antibodies (with proper documentation)
- Not FIV or FeLV Positive (with proper documentation)
- Sterilized if over 8 months of age or showing signs of sexual maturity
- Physically free of fleas, ticks, mites, and other parasites
- In physically good health for the past 30 days and not exhibiting symptoms of illness OR;
- If it has just recovered from an illness, that a written note is provided by a licensed veterinarian declaring the cat to be free of infection
- Clean (ie. eyes, ears and coat are not dirty) and has had its nails clipped
It is your responsibility as your cat’s owner to ensure that it is healthy enough to enter a shared cat boarding environment. The Nekoya Cat Hotel reserves the right to refuse to accept any cat at check-in for any reason, including without limit, if it appears that your cat is sick, injured, in pain, or if its behaviour or presence could jeopardize the health and safety of other cats or our staff.
We discourage against boarding kittens below the age of 4 months, as well as senior cats over the age of 12 years, from boarding, as they may be immunocompromised.
We strictly do not accept cats who are non-compliant with our admission guidelines, as well as those who are FIP positive and those being treated for ringworm. Ringworm is highly contagious and all medication prescribed must be completed 1 week prior to your cat’s stay.
Payment and Reservations
- Payment for a booking is indicative that you have reserved a cabin – It does not guarantee your cat’s stay.
- All guests must fill up our Master Boarding Agreement and a copy of each cat’s Pet Assessment Form must be provided at least 24 hours prior to check-in.
- All guests are subject to a Health and Behavioural Assessment at the point of check-in to ensure that they are healthy, free of parasites, and able to be handled by our staff prior to confirmed admission.
In the event that your cat is found to be unsuitable for boarding at the point of check-in, a 50% handling fee on their booking shall be incurred. The remaining monies shall be refunded within (7) working days to the Owner. If there are treatment methods available that will allow your cat to become suitable for boarding, we reserve the right to engage:
- A transportation partner to send your cat back to you at your expense
- A grooming company to attend to any hygiene or parasitical issues at your expense
- A veterinarian to administer consultation, and subsequently treatment of your cat for any health issues at your expense
- Employ any and all ways to ensure that your cat is suitable for admission to Nekoya
A $80 service charge per cat per trip or equivalent amount, excluding travel expenses incurred, will be chargeable in such an event.
- If your cat has previously been ill with an infectious disease, a written letter of authorization must be provided from your veterinarian regarding your cat’s health status and eligibility for boarding.
- You agree that Nekoya cannot be held liable should your cat fall sick during its stay with us if it has had a prior underlying health condition.
- If your cat falls ill during its stay with us, they will be taken to the nearest veterinarian on duty at the soonest available time. It is compulsory for all guests to leave details of a agent who may assist in caring for your cat should it fall sick and require intensive care.
- A $80 surcharge, exclusive of travel and veterinary expenses incurred, shall be chargeable per visit to the vet.
- You will be asked to provide a set of written feeding instructions upon check in, for owners preparing their pet’s meals.
- Please provide your cat’s food from home. This is a healthy transition for them and changing their food while boarding may cause digestive upset and illness with diarrhoea.
- Food should be labelled & bagged accurately. Please DO NOT provide us with whole containers or bags of cat food.
- We regret that we are unable to feed raw and home-cooked diets for food safety reasons.
Acceptance of Risk
The Nekoya Cat Hotel takes great pride in trying to provide our clients with the cleanest, most comfortable boarding facility in Singapore.We exercise great care to keep our premises clean, sanitary and properly enclosed for the safety of each cat. We check each and every guest for visible signs of parasites, infection, illness and disease. However, no cattery can guarantee that it is 100% safe against bacteria, virus, fungus and parasites that can go undetected without laboratory testing, including us. As much as we put in place very stringent measures to screen, disinfect and protect against every threat, you do take a risk every time you board your cat.
- In engaging our services, you agree to release Nekoya and our staff from all liability for any loss, expense or equivalent, that you may suffer or bear as a result of any happening at our premise, from the time of your cat being boarded at the facility.
- Your cat may or may not be allowed to leave its cabin depending on its personal preference and/or any pre-existing health conditions.
- A cat allowed to leave its cabin will be provided access to the shared play lounge within the hotel facility. While we strive to maintain the pristine cleanliness and hygiene standards of the play lounge, you are advised that it is a common space and the Nekoya Cat Hotel and its staff cannot guarantee against any sickness, disease etc. contracted by your cat as a result of use of the play lounge. Please inform our staff if you prefer for us NOT to let your cat out daily.