Terms & Conditions
At Nekoya, we place your cat’s safety and well-being first and foremost, ahead of whatever we do. We seek our clients’ kind understanding in complying with these terms and conditions. Your cooperation and support allows us to continue what we do, as we endeavour to uphold the best possible service standards in the hotelier for your cat and other guests who share our facilities.
Confirmation of Bookings
Payment of a booking online does not guarantee confirmation of your booking. Upon making payment, your booking will be processed by a member of our concierge within 1 working day, to ensure that your cat has met the pre-requisites for stay at the Nekoya Cat Hotel.
Cancellation and Refund of Bookings
Bookings may be cancelled up to 7 days before the date of arrival.
That being said, there shall be no refunds on voluntary or involuntary, partial or uncompleted stays at Nekoya. There shall be no refunds on early checkouts regardless of the reason for the early checkout.
If your cat is found to be unsuitable for boarding prior to or after confirmation of your booking 7 days before the point of physical check-in, funds placed for your reservation will be reversed to your Paypal account within 3 working days.
If your cat is found to be unsuitable for boarding at the point of check in, a 50% handling fee will be incurred on your reservation. The remaining 50% of payment will be reversed to your Paypal account within 7 working days. We seek your cooperation in ensuring that your cat is compliant with our boarding requirements.
In the event that your cat is unsuitable for boarding, we reserve the right to engage:
- A transportation partner to send your cat back to you at your expense
- A grooming company to attend to any hygiene or parasitical issues at your expense
- A veterinarian to administer consultation, and subsequently treatment of your cat for any health issues at your expense
- Employ any and all ways to ensure that your cat is suitable for admission to Nekoya
A service fee of $80 per cat, per trip, will be incurred for any instance (etc. vet visits, grooming trips) requiring our staff to transport your cat outside of the hotelier, alongside any other expenses incurred on your behalf. All expenses incurred must be reimbursed to the hotelier prior to release of your cat at checkout. It is the owner’s duty to ensure that an Agent is assigned and aware that they may be tasked to be responsible for the cat, in instances of necessity and/or an emergency.
General Boarding Requirements
Boarding of your cat at the Nekoya Cat Hotel is subject to on-site screening of your cat to ensure that it is generally in good health, and possesses a temperament that allows for safe handling by our staff throughout its stay.
A full list of our boarding pre-requisites can be found on this page. However, we generally require –
- All cats must be current on their FVRCP vaccine. If your cat requires an update on its vaccination, it should be done at least 72 hours prior to the boarding date. We reserve the right to confine your cat to its cabin for the duration of stay if its vaccinations have not been done at least a week prior to boarding.
- All cats must be flea, tick and mite free. Please bring a pipette of Revolution for administering by our staff on duty at the point of check-in.
- All cats aged eight months or older must be spayed or neutered
We reserve the right to protect our clients’ cats by rejecting any cats who do not comply with points 1. – 3., above.
- Any cats found to be unsuitable for boarding will have to be denied entry to the enclosed boarding area, and sent home.
- We are unable to feed raw/homemade diets, or those requiring refrigeration.
- We recommend that a set of written feeding instructions is provided to us, for owners preparing their pet’s meals.
- Nekoya and its staff shall not be liable for any illnesses, sicknesses or injury contracted or suffered while your cat is boarded with us.
- In engaging our services, you agree to release Nekoya and our staff from all liability for any loss, expense or equivalent, that you may suffer or bear as a result of any happening at our premise, from the time of your cat being boarded at the facility.
- Any charges incurred by your cat in the duration of its stay with us will have to be paid for in full, prior to its release upon check-out.
- If you are an Agent acting on behalf of the cat’s owner, you guarantee that you have the authority to fill, sign and submit documents on his/her behalf, and that you will be personally liable for all expenses incurred by Nekoya from the time the cat is boarded at the hotel.
Checking In and Out
- Check in begins from 2PM to 7PM daily.
- If a cabin is not yet available, your cat shall be housed temporarily in a secure transport crate while waiting.
- Early check in fees may apply for check in requested prior to 2PM at the rate of $40.
- Check-out time is from 11AM to 12PM daily.
- A half hour’s grace period shall be allotted for pick-up of your cat, following which a full day’s daycare price shall apply at the rate of $40.
- If reservations are full, Nekoya reserves the right to house your cat temporarily in its carrier until another suite becomes available.
- Cats not picked up by 6PM will be charged an additional day’s boarding rate, on top of any incurred daycare charges. The daily price will then lodge your cat until 11AM the subsequent day.
- Any cats left uncollected without prior notice to the company, 24 hours before check-out, will be deemed abandoned.
- An attempt shall be made to contact the owner in the event that no notice has been provided to the company regarding a delay in check-out. However, we reserve the right to re-home/surrender any cats left uncollected without prior notice to the company, 24 hours past the allotted check-out date, to the relevant authorities.