Meet the Team
The Nekoya Cat Hotel is Singapore’s leading provider of private cat daycare and private, professional boarding services. Every cat that comes and goes through our door is a treasured furry friend – And we want to help cat owners take much needed vacations by being able to trust us with their cats when caring for them personally sometimes isn’t possible.
Working at the Nekoya Cat Hotel means you have to be a dedicated cat lover, and understand our clients with a whole heart – Not just our human clients, but the feline ones, too. Do you have what it takes to be part of our team?
Is to provide a happy, holistic and restful environment for our feline guests, and to raise awareness of the importance of proper care for cats through active education.
We want to be a trusted, leading provider of holistic cat care services.
Honesty, warmth and sincerity are traits we hold close to our heart.
Being a Cat Whisperer is no easy feat – Our feline clients are very demanding and deserve only the best. Being part of the Cat Care team means you assume the responsibility of caring for our guests while their families are away. It’s a challenging role that demands high attention to detail, but is oddly satisfying when the cats begin snuggling up to you to show their appreciation for the work you do for them!
- Feed, water, nurture and care for cats
- Provide rewards and treats for good behaviour where necessary
- Clean, sanitize and disinfect lodging cabins daily
- Maintaining hygiene and cleanliness within all areas of the hotel, including daily cleaning duties.
- Facilitate arrival and departure of guests to and from the hotelier
- Administer medication to cats when required
- Lift and move cats as and when needed
- Check and monitor for signs of disease, illness or distress in guests
- Keep detailed records of feeding, exercise and medication schedules
- Transport cats to third party venues (etc. vet visits, grooming appointments)
Skills and Abilities Required
While a love of cats ranks among the top qualities we require for our caretakers, additional skills are also just as necessary. Dealing with our clients requires excellent levels of customer service skills and the ability to empathize with cat owners is essential. The job scope also requires high attention to detail, meticulous levels of cleanliness and patience when dealing with cats. It may also be physically demanding at times.
- Singaporeans or PR only
- Computer literate – Email, Microsoft/iOS Office
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability to converse in Mandarin to liaise with clients is advantageous
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal conversational etiquette
- Overtime work may sometimes be required
Caring for feline guests requires our caretakers to have the ability to remain calm during emergency situations. Knowledge concerning basic pet first aid, prior veterinary work experience and volunteer work at animal shelters is a plus.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate for this Role?
- At least 1-2 years prior veterinary care experience preferred
- New/recent graduates are also welcome to apply and will receive training
- 1-2 years experience in customer service is good to have
- You are excellent at communicating with both customers and staff members
- You can multi-task and work independently
- You are willing to go the extra mile to ensure the health and safety of our guests
- Full Time: 5 days a week
- Part Time: 3 days a week
- 9.30AM to 7.30PM daily
Interested applicants may email [email protected] with your resume and expected salary. Only short-listed applicants will receive a reply, within 3 days of submission of the application.