At the Nekoya Cat Hotel, our highest priority is ensuring that all our guests are suitable to be boarded in our cat boarding facility. As a shared environment with cats from all walks of life, it is extremely important to uphold hygiene standards, and to implement stringent boarding pre-requisites to ensure the pristine cleanliness of the cat hotel, as well as the health and safety of all guests in our care.
The full list of our Terms of Stay are readily accessible here, but in general, all cats to be boarded with us are required to be:
- Not FIV, FeLV or FVR Positive or a carrier of an infectious disease
- Sterilized if over 8 months of age
- Vaccinated within the past 12 calendar months OR;
- In possession of a titer test for proof of vaccine antibodies
- Free of fleas, ticks, mites, and other parasites
- In physically good health and not feeling ill
- Not aggressive towards strangers
These boarding pre-requisites help us ensure that all guests are adequately protected against the risk of contracting any illnesses while out of their usual home environments. They also ensure that they possess a good temperament that allows for us to care for them efficiently in your absence, and also serve to show that each cat does not carry any risk of infecting other guests with underlying or otherwise undetectable diseases.
For these reasons, we regret that we are strictly unable to board cats that are non-compliant with our boarding pre-requisites. The Nekoya Cat Hotel reserves the right to refuse to accept any cat at check-in for any reason, including without limit, if it appears that your cat is sick, injured, in pain, or if its behaviour or presence could jeopardize the health and safety of other cats or our staff.
We do recognize that sometimes, boarding can be a last minute arrangement. Where in most cases, guests are checked in while their owners go overseas on vacation, we also receive feline guests who have to stay away from home on short notice, and owners may sometimes lack the time to make the necessary preparations for cat boarding. We are able to bring your cat for a veterinary visit if it feels unwell, or is unvaccinated at the point of check-in. A service fee of $80 will apply per cat per trip, and separate costs may be incurred for the vet visit as well as transportation to and fro. These fees will be payable at checkout. Our vet clinic of choice is The Animal Ark for cats lodging at our King Albert Park outlet, and all guests to the hotel will be sent to The Animal Ark in the event of an emergency or medical situation.
Outlined below are The Animal Ark’s general charges for consultations and vaccinations for our customers’ reference.
- Basic Consultation: From $38
- Extended Consultation: From $56
- After Opening Hours: From $100
- 4-in-1 Vaccination: From $54
- Leukaemia Vaccination: From $40
- FIV Vaccination: From $40
- Male Cats: From $80
- Female Cats: From $180
- Laparoscopic Sterilization: From $1000
- Sterilization Complications (etc. Pregnancy, In Heat): From $100
Charges stated exclude medications and blood tests and are only an estimate of the procedure.
- Issuance of Health Certificate: From $60
- Microchipping: From $50
The Animal Ark is located a stone’s throw away from Nekoya @ King Albert Park. It is open 7 days a week, except for on Public Holidays.